
When I began writing my draft, I became extremely frustrated. I was trying so hard to create a balance between descriptive language and actually telling a story. I found myself piling on the adjectives and flowery language instead
of getting to what I really wanted to say. Thanks to my critique partners, I straightened myself out and got back to what the podcast is supposed to be about: my relationship with technology. After completely revamping my draft I think that I am getting closer to accomplishing the goal of this podcast.
I was reading my draft to my mom Monday night and she actually enjoyed listening to it.

She said that I kept her attention the whole time, which is pretty impressive because sometimes I lose her from the get-go. From that moment on, I became motivated to work on my podcast more and more. After finishing my draft, I went straight to editing my music and looking for pictures to compliment my text. I became excited that I could possibly produce a successful podcast, instead of a boring one that listeners don't care to listen to. Of course my mom is a biased audience, because she is obviously interested in what I have to say (most of the time, except for boring papers on an unusual topics of course), but I think that my podcast has a definite audience appeal (or at least I hope so!)

I try to make my language suitable to listeners ears, while supplementing it with interesting details. I think I am on my way to producing a finished product that is better than what I had originally expected when I first started writing my draft. I hope everything goes to plan and that I am proud of my final version. Tonight, I will try my second attempt at recording my voice, and hopefully I will be more pleased with this version than the last one.
I think technology requires a lot of practice, and if you are willing to put in the time and effort learning a new program, producing a podcast, making a website, or writing your very own blog, they can all be very gratifying experiences. Its thrilling to step back from it all for moment and realize that I created this!
turtle image retrieved from: www.bradftizpatrick.com/store/images/products
race car image retrieved from: www.imageenvision.com/sm/0012-709-0421-2732
finish line image retrieved from www.leehansen.com

Alex- As we discussed yesterday, the creative process can be frustrating, but trying to set aside some of your resistance can be a very productive thing--or rather, considering where that resistance is coming from. It's interesting because you've been doing this all semester given your dislike/fear of technology, so this project seems like a good investigation of that. And the piece is really coming along.
ReplyDelete